This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Access Statement for Sea Breeze
Sea Breeze is a 3 bedroom self-catering apartment, sleeping 5 people and situated on the first floor of a Georgian building in a beautiful location from where Bram Stoker is renowned to have written the Dracula novels. It is a 10-15minute walk to the harbour of Whitby with all its attractions. Close to the apartment is a lift giving immediate access to the 3 mile blue flag beach.
The apartment is on one floor and enjoys full length windows from the main double bedroom and lounge/kitchen to take full advantage of a view out to sea and to the cliffs in the distance at Sandsend.
The main double bedroom has direct access to an en-suite. The main bathroom has a shower over the batch with 'Jack & Jill' doors giving level access from the hall and also the twin bedroom. There is a third bedroom with a single bed.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 07740565705 or email email@example.com.
- For full details and a map of how to reach us, please visit our website www.whitby-holidays.net. Alternatively, you can plan your journey by car of public transport using www.transportdirect.info, simply enter your postcode and that of Sea Breeze YO213EJ to get directions. The railway station is in Whitby close to the harbour and the Tourist Information Centre. Directly outside the railway station you will find the main bus station. Taxis are available from the harbour situated outside the Tourist Info. Centre.
- MOBILITY- useful contacts:
- The local Tourist Info. Centre hire wheelchairs to the public.
- Whitby and District Disablement Action Group, Church House Centre, Flowergate, Whitby 01947 821001.
- Esk Valley Mobility, 57 Church Street, Whitby 01947 825555.
Key Collection, Welcome and Car Parking
- Our policy is generally to meet you at the property to hand over keys, however we also post keys in advance of your stay if you are uncertain of your arrival time or if you plan to arrive later than 3pm into the evening to give you more flexibility.
- There is no dropped kerb outside the property, at night the street is well lit.
- There is lots of free on-street parking outside the apartment. Although at busy times of the year they fill up quickly and a short wait may be necessary until one comes available.
- Alternatively, it is possible to purchase from the Tourist Info. Centre a parking permit at the cost of £5 per day which allows you to park in any long stay Scarborough Borough Council car park in Whitby. This includes the cost of parking in local tourist towns you may be visiting.
Entrance to Property
- There are 5 steps up to the front door of the building with a hand rail. The large door is 885mm/34" wide.
- There is no lift in the property.
- There is 2 sets of stairs up to the apartment on the first floor separated with a small landing. Total of 20 steps.
- As you enter the building there is a light switch on a timer to light the hallway of the entrance and staircase.
Halls, Stairs, Landings, Passageways
- The flooring in the entrance and staircase of the main building is a short-pile carpet.
- The entrance to the apartment has wood effect Karndean flooring.
- Access in the hallway of the apartment is reduced at one point through an arch to 735mm/29".
- The lounge is situated at the front of the main building with 2 full length windows making the lounge area very light.
- The entrance is off the hall, the door opening is 715mm/28".
- There are 2 sofas with soft cushioned backs, seating 6 people.
- The lounge and kitchen are open plan, therefore the kitchen table is also in this area.
- The lounge has a short pile carpet separated from the wood effect flooring in the kitchen by a metal floor strip.
- Furniture can be moved.
- There are 2 coffee tables
- The apartment has 2 sets of ceiling lights with dimmer switches and also a floor standing reading lamp and a further table lamp.
- There is a 40" flat TV with remote control and a DVD player.
- Free Wi-Fi Access
- A table in the open plan lounge/kitchen allows seating for up to 5 people, with tall backed leather chairs (no arms). The table is 750mm/29.5" high. The size of the table is 1200mm/47" x 800mm/31.5".
- The table can be moved further into the lounge to give more space around it.
- Located in the open plan lounge/dining area.
- The kitchen has a narrow passage around a pillar reducing the access to 675mm/26.5".
- It is well equipped with front loading washer/dryer, and dishwasher. Also a fridge/freezer, microwave and filter coffee machine.
- The door to the oven drops down to the floor with a gap of 300mm/12".
- The hob is set at the standard worktop height of 940mm/37".
- There is a build-in fridge/freezer. Fridge - 530mm x 400mm x 450mm deep. Freezer - 500mm x 300mm x 130mm.
Bedrooms and Sleeping Areas
- The main double bedroom is at the front of the apartment with en-suite. Bedside tables and lamps. Double wardrobe with mirror doors and dressing table with stool and mirror. Full length windows with vertical blinds and curtains. Short pile carpet. Radio/Alarm docking station.
- Twin bedroom overlooking the back of the property. Bedside tables and lamps. Double wardrobe and two drawers. Wall mirror and shelf.
- Tall window with vertical blinds and curtains. Short pile carpet. Digital Radio/Alarm.
- Single bedroom overlooking the back of the property. Bedside table and lamp. Single wardrobe. Wall mirror. Short pile carpet. Restricted space at the side of the bed 780mm/31".
- Entrance to all bedrooms 715mm/28".
- There is space in the twin bedroom for a cot.
- All beds 700mm/27.5" from top of mattrass to floor.
- Carbon Monoxide sensor is fitted in twin bedroom.
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms and Toilets
- Main bathroom located off the hall with level access. There is also direct access to the twin bedroom. Door opening 715mm/28"
- Shower over the bath
- Sink 820mm/32" from bathroom floor with wall lit mirror above.
- There are no grab rails in the bathroom.
- Toilet - 400mm/15.7" high.
- En-suite located in main double bedroom.
- 2.5mm/1" step into the en-suite.
- 5mm/2" step into the walk-in shower cubicle.
- Toilet - 400mm/15.7" high.
- There are no grab rails in the bathroom.
- Sink 820mm/32" from bathroom floor with wall mirror above.
- Both bathroom have wood effect Karndean flooring and are well lit with Dichroic ceiling lighting.
- There is good mobile phone reception in the apartment and free Wi-Fi access.
- Whitby Hospital - Springhill, Whitby YO211EE 01947 824208 - NO A&E DEPARTMENT
- Scarborough Hospital - Woodlands Drive, Scarborough YO126QL 01723 368111 A&E DEPARTMENT LOCATED HERE
Address (Inc postcode):
Ian Shay - 9 Warwick Crescent, Harrogate, North Yorkshire. HG2 8JA
Local Equipment Hire:
Tourist Information Centre - Scooters and Wheelchairs, Esk Valley Mobility - 01947 825555
Local Accessible Taxi:
Pink Taxi Company - lady drivers. 07583 440252 Whitby Taxis - 102 St. Peter's Rd, Whitby 01947 661406
Local Public Transport:
The Railway Station and Bus Station are both located 0.6miles from the apartment in the harbour. Bus Station, Station Square, Whitby YO211YN, open Monday-Saturday only 8.30am-4.00pm Railway Station - 01751472508